The Asbel Estates Board of Directors have proposed revisions to the community’s Declarations, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. Homeowners have until May 15th to review and submit comments for possible incorporation. The full text of the proposed revisions can be viewed within the Documents section of the website (click the Documents link on the menu bar at the top of the page).
A community vote is scheduled for July 25th to approve/reject the proposed changes. Note that the revised Declarations must pass the homeowner vote before the revised Community Standards can become effective.
During a recent community meeting a homeowner asked how he can post comments in the Asbel Estates Community website (http://asbelestateshoa.com/). In order to post a comment the website requires that you first login to the website using a username and password. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account you can login using either your Facebook or Twitter username. However if you don’t have a username you can create one directly within the Asbel Estates website. The following steps will show you how to create a new account.
The Board of Directors main goal this year is to amend the Community Standards, Declarations, and Bylaws to make it easier for residents to service and improve their homes. We are also planning activities to help increase community spirit. The following schedule lists the key events for achieving this goal:
- BOD review Standards; mail review notice to homeowners
- BOD consolidate comments; create draft; approve/disapprove on BOD meeting on 4/4; mail to Attorney for review
- BOD vote to conditionally approve final Standards (subject to amended Declarations later approved by homeowners); post Standards on website
- BOD review Declaration & Bylaws
- BOD post Declaration & Bylaws to website for community review on 3/15
- BOD consolidate comments; approve/disapprove on BOD meeting 5/23; mail to Attorney for review
- BOD notice special Members Meeting to vote on revisions; start canvas for proxies
- Community vote 7/25 to approve/disapprove final Declarations & Bylaws
- BOD post final Standards, Declarations, & Bylaws to website
- BOD & Mgmt to review current contracts
- Mgmt submit RFPs to BOD for review
- Mgmt send out contracts for rebid
- BOD review bids; begin 2017 budget planning
- BOD award 2017 contracts
- BOD start search for Community Involvement Committee volunteers
- BOD commence Home Recognition program
- BOD start 2017 Spring Fling planning
- BOD prepare and mail End of Year Holiday Events schedule
- Community Fall Festival; Install Christmas Decorations
- Community Christmas Tree Lighting
In keeping with the theme of creating a “kinder-gentler” HOA the Board of Directors have proposed revisions to the Asbel Estates Community Standards. Homeowners have 90 days (until Mar 15th) to review and submit comments for possible incorporation into the revised standards.
The full text of the proposed revisions can be viewed within the Documents section of the website (click the Documents link on the menu bar at the top of the page).
Attention homeowners, this past spring your board of directors came to an agreement with M/I Homes on the purchase of 4.84 acres of property adjacent to our playground area. The property was zoned to fit approximately 40 town-home units at a value of $480,000.00. The board negotiated a final asking price of $80,000.00 for the HOA. This purchase allowed us to prevent further development of our area and increased our common property for future recreational use. We the board received an overwhelming response from our homeowners who felt it was necessary to prevent this property from being over developed.
Thank you from your board of directors.
Developers plan to build a new subdivision on land formerly owned by Lester Dairy Farm, off U.S. 41 in Land O’ Lakes. The vacant land is the last significant undeveloped parcel along a corridor filled with new residential communities including Asbel Creek and Lakeshore Ranch.
To the north, Florida Citrus Investors owns more than 300 acres slated for townhouses. Across the highway the “new town” of Connerton is under development on about 8,000 acres of a former cattle ranch.
On June 24, Pasco County’s Development Review Committee gave unanimous approval to the residential community proposed by NVR Inc., the owner and developer of the dairy farm property. The Pasco County Commission must still give its approval.
Plans are to build nearly 490 single-family homes on about 300 acres, located on the west side of U.S. 41 and about a mile south of State Road 52.
Developers will be responsible for building the first two lanes of the Bulloch Road extension, which would bisect the site and connect with the portion of Bulloch within Asbel Creek.
They also would build a portion of a proposed east/west “vision” road, with access off U.S. 41. The roadwork within the subdivision is part of Pasco County’s long-range transportation efforts to increase neighborhood connectivity, and relieve traffic volume on heavily traveled highways such as U.S. 41.
Today the PASCO Public Works – Traffic Operations Division (TOD) changed the speed limit in the Commons from 20MPH to 25 MPH. Reason: According to TOD the 2012 Asbel Speed study that changed Asbel Creek from 30MPH to 25MPH also showed that the 85% speed in the Commons was 31.1 to 32.2MPH. County Commissioners approved 25MPH for both areas. Asbel Street and the Meadows were not included in the 2012 study.